Safeguarding the sensitive confidential information is critical for a business in today’s business climate. No matter if you are storing documents digitally in the “cloud”, there is still information available in a paper form that needs to be destroyed and not left out for an employee or customer to access.
Here are 5 reasons to hire a professional onsite shredding service!
- Legal Obligation: All organizations, regardless of their size, must protect sensitive documents in accordance with key privacy legislation such as HIPAA and FACTA. Old business documents that contain personal information must be securely shredded when it is time for them to be disposed of. Throwing them away in the trash or recycling bin provides no protection to your company and customers.
- Cost Effective Service: When you have your document destruction and shredding needs to be outsourced there’s no need to use employee time to complete the process. In-house paper shredding takes time and often takes away from an employee’s regular job duties. Outsourced destruction services are typically less than ½ the cost of doing it yourself. Your staff can work away on productive tasks that contribute to generating more revenue for your business, rather than reducing productivity.
- Keep your Business Secure:The use of an office shredder is a great step towards secure document disposal, but unfortunately it doesn’t guarantee the same security and professionalism that’s provided by a professional shredding company, trained specifically for the job. In-house shredding can be a tedious task, and therefore, a task that is often done incorrectly, or without thorough accuracy. By partnering with a NAID Member, shredding is being destroyed in a secure manner, and as added reassurance, you will receive a Certificate of Destruction by Chesapeak Shredding that clearly indicates so.
- To Ensure Consumer Trust: If a company shreds confidential documents with details about their customers and clients then they can increase the trust these people have in the company. By shredding documents and making sure clients and customers know this happens, they can be confident that their data is being treated securely and with respect.
- Benefit From Other Services: Many professional shredding services offer additional services such as Hard drive shredding, medical waste removal, or even old computer equipment. Getting multiple services from one company also may qualify you for additional discounts.